EurBee 2018
You are here > Practical Info | Visa Information

Do you need a Visa ?

All the information concerning visa applications for Belgium is available on the website of the Foreigners Department of the FPS Home Affairs, which is the competent Belgian authority for access to the territory, stay, residence and removal of foreigners in Belgium.

For information about the Schengenvisa, please visit

At which embassy or consulate shall I introduce my visa application?

You should apply for your visa in person at the Belgian embassy or consulate, which is competent for your country of residence, where you will be requested to communicate your travel destination as well as the circumstances of it. In a number of cases, you can lodge your visa application through an external service provider (outsourcing partner). In some very specific cases, you can also be exempted from personally lodging your application. If you want to know more about it, please contact the relevant embassy or consulate. If you want to find out which Belgian embassy or consulate is competent for you visa application, please click here (PDF 235KB) - countrycodes (PDF 26KB).

If you apply for a short stay visa (up to 90 days), some countries offer the possibility of having your visa application treated by another Schengen country Belgium has concluded a representation agreement with. In order to verify which embassy is competent for your country of residence and whether Belgium is represented by a Schengen partner for short stay visa, please click here (PDF 235KB) - countrycodes (PDF 26KB).

Long stay visa applications (more than 90 days) or short stay visa applications aiming at a longer stay in Belgium (e.g. marriage in Belgium), are not covered by the representation agreement and must hence be lodged with the relevant Belgian embassy or consulate. If there is no Belgian embassy or consulate in your country of residence, you should apply to the Belgian embassy or consulate responsible for that country (and usually located in a neighbouring country): click here (PDF 235KB) - countrycodes (PDF 26KB).

How can I have my visa extended in Belgium?

All information on this subject can be found on the website of the Alien's Department of the FPS Home Affairs.

The organization can provide you with a letter of invitation to participate in the EurBee8 congress. The organization will only issue letters for the duration of the course and for conference participants only (no accompanying persons). No financial support can be given.

If you need a letter of invitation, please contact the Secretariat in time,
preferably by e-mail or fax (+32 9 233 85 97).

Please state your:

  • Last name
  • First names
  • Home address
  • Birthplace
  • Birth date
  • Identity card number
  • Passport number
as well as the mailing address to which the letter should be sent.

Please note: invitation letters will not be sent by courier.

↑ Top
Copyright © 2016 Semico nvPowered by Mintyfresh Software Architects